Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Response to Swales Unit 4

In unit 4, Swales gives a lot of information on how to describing research. I will complete my research project in two weeks. I will have a lot of data and need to know how to incorporate the data into text. Since my research project began, I have been more worried about presenting my results than anything else. It would have been a bit better if I could have done the partner activities, but will be very useful in the near future. His explanation of Data and Conclusion Commentary will be of the most use. I have a tendency to make strong claims, when I want my research to go a certain way. Swales has provided a good guideline to help me not get carried away on phrase use. The most important this the article taught me was to think long and hard about the way phrases this in my research. I am certain I will need a lot more tips on how to write up my data, but this article provided a first step.

1 comment: