Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ideas for my Thesis

This is my third semester at TESOL MALL. I have thought about my thesis for a significant amount of time. Luckily, I had a class called Design and Development of Multi-Media Instructional Materials, which I found to be very interesting. The most useful part of this class was creating a blog. I was not interested in blogs before this part of the course. I considered tools blogs for writers, critics, and commentators. I do not like to talk much, so the idea of having my own blog was not appealing. I was not very motivated to create my own blog, but I did. After a few weeks of using the blog, I found a way to use it as an educational tool. I like the versatility of blogs and that you can utilize the internet to help teach English. The blog provided a way for me to post images, videos, and task-based activities that I can reuse. Now that I am in my 3rd semester, I have experience using blogs as educational tools and want to learn more.
I made a research design in the quantitative research class. This design helped me focus on the aspects of blog research that I want to do. During winter vacation, I put time trying to piece together a literature review for my thesis, which involved blogging. I haven’t made much progress in writing the literature review, but have found most of the articles I need and wrote a pretty good outline.
This term, I am conducting the experiment I designed in the quantitative research class. I have completed phases one and two, making the design and giving the pre-test. I cannot wait to see if the results of my research in a couple of months. I know I will have proven at least one thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment